Monday, June 8, 2009

lifes like that only.

Last eve it rained.but no pakodas were made as there were no ingriedients like my g.son would say.no onions, ginger and mood. we were so happy to see the rain after a long time.it was bliss. i usually like to sit in the front steps ofour house and watch the rain. i did a fair amount of gardening this morning. kept the coleas cuttings and removed the old plants. the garden is very messy.will take a long time to do what i want to do. my g.son planted all the coleas cuttings in the eve,he learns fast. he has green thumb.

it will be soon one year since my husband passed away. my mother is coming to be with us later this month. he died one day before his b.day and two days before our wedding day. Time is funny. memory is funnier. selective it is .Today is the only reality. I read a lot, i like murder mysteries, a good novel, biographies philosophy.take care and love.

6 comments:

  1. I suck my breath in when I read you writing of your husband's passing. Like pressing on a bruise. I imagine losing mine and I think I would have to re-tell every detail of him over and over again or burst. How old would he be on his birthday this year?
    The smell of the first rains ... it stops everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could send us some rain here. It is humid and horrible.
    Each of these days must be so heavy with memories of your husband's illness and his passing. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your posts have so much food and gardening in them -- both life-giving things. My father died five years back and I saw my mum deal with this so can imagine a little bit what you're going through. Sending much warmth your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brought back memories ..auntie... of that hot dinner we ate your place with the gang....we met uncle... relaxed in your garden.... were amused by your g.son....keep writing ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time sure is funny. Today is the 10th day since my granny died. Over the last ten days time has seemed both painfully slow and terribly swift. I can't believe it's only ten days. I can't believe it's already ten days. Just as it's hard to believe that it's already almost a year since Uncle passed away. Thinking of you, Aunty, with much love, Sampurna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been making your pakora recipe 2 days in a row. Feels like an anchor in the current chaos of my life at the moment: nothing major, just the usual juggle between work and home ... only someone speeds up the juggling balls from time to time!!
    But such comfort food! American husband v. happy with them, as is my 8 year old daughter and her American friends who always seem to be over!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter